Tuesday, December 27, 2011

SSHMenu alternative called SSHplus working on Unity


Have you been hooked to SSHMenu too? SSHMenu is a nice application that works on gnome 2.x and is docked at your taskbar.
I haven't even updated my Ubuntu desktop at my work to Unity yet , because SSHMenu doesn't work great on Unity.

Finally there's a very good alternative for SSHMenu that works good on Ubuntu Unity.  It's called SSHplus and it's been updated to even support SSHMenu config files! This SSHplus launcher even has good support for a huge list of host. Most of the other alternatives I've seen look good, but aren't very handy when you have a huge list of hosts to connect to. With SSHplus you can categorize hosts in folders or separate with a spacer / separator.
Maybe the only downside I noticed is, you can't add or alter hosts at the launcher menu. You have to manually change things at the config file (maybe this is only because I'm testing with a config file in sshmenu format). Personally I don't really mind this, I'm glad there's a good working alternative for Unity :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment